Our popular massage services book up well in advance. We encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience to ensure availability. Spa and massage services are available from 9am to 9:30pm, seven days a week. Spa Services are available only to registered guests of Casa Laguna. Spa and massage services must be arranged by calling or visiting the front desk between 8am and10pm. Spa and massage services at Casa Laguna Inn & Spa must be guaranteed with a credit card or prior cash payment. Personal checks are not accepted.
If you are pregnant: For pre-natal massage we require advance notice and a written doctors release prior to service - this policy is strictly enforced.
Strict Spa Cancellation Policy:
Due to the potentially significant financial impact of cancellations, our policies and penalties are strictly enforced. If you need to cancel or reschedule your spa appointment, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance. The full value of the spa service will be charged for cancellations, “no shows,” or changes received within 48 hours of a scheduled spa appointment.
Important Medical Considerations and Restrictions:
Please notify us when booking your spa or massage service of any medical condition, including high blood pressure, pregnancy, heat sensitivities or allergies so that appropriate services are recommend.
Massage is non-invasive, relaxing and natural. It is therefore generally considered a safe treatment for most people. However, there are three types of contraindication: Total, when massage should not be performed at all; Local, when massage can be performed but not over the contraindicated areas; and Medical, when massage can only be performed once medical permission has been granted. The following restrictions are in place to protect your health and well-being. Thank you for taking them as seriously as we do.
When you have any of these conditions, please do not book a massage:
- Contagious or infectious diseases, including any cold or flu no matter how mild it may seem.
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol - including prescription pain medication
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Skin diseases
The therapist can massage but not over any areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Pregnancy – A written doctor’s release is required prior to service.
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, massage can only take place once it has been approved before your session in writing by your Physician:
- Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- Psoriasis or eczema
- High blood pressure
- Nervous or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections