Laguna Beach offers an amazing array of things to see and do, and the Casa Laguna staff is always happy to recommend fun activities and destinations for our guests to enjoy during their visit. But what many visitors want to know is: What do the locals like to do on their days off? Our head chef Michell lives in North Laguna, within walking distance of the village, Main Beach, and the festival grounds. Here’s her “Top Ten” list of things she likes about Laguna Beach:
1. Watching the goats that graze on the hillsides to help keep the fire danger down.
2. Visiting the many great restaurants in town, that include everything from Armenian to Vegan, and burgers to Foie Gras!
3. Riding the free summertime trolley to local shops and art galleries.
4. Taking advantage of the “First Thursday Art Walk” each month.
5. Visiting the Laguna Culinary Arts Wine & Cheese Shop in the canyon.
6. Listening to all the great street musicians!
7. Stopping by Zinc café to grab a great cup of coffee!
8. Sampling a great craft beer from La Sirena's revolving selection.
9. Shopping at Areo, a fabulous gem of a gift shop with clever books , art objects, cards & trinkets as well as hand crafted jewelry from local artists. My "go to" store for gifts & cards!
10. Hanging out at “The Saloon,” with its standing room only antique bar. It’s like something out of an old western.
As you can see, the locals know about lots of cool places the tourists may not know about. Watch this blog in the coming weeks to see what our other employees find interesting and entertaining in Laguna Beach. And when you visit Casa Laguna, please don’t hesitate to ask them for recommendations. They’re always happy to make suggestions.